In the era of revamps & revolutions, the artistic brains have resigned the age old game of Chess!
Yes, there is a redesigned version of Chess
With which you wouldn’t want to mess
And i just made a silly little rhyme, I guess!
So the ingenious minds of students from the ‘Design in der Digitalen Gesellschaft’ program at the University of Arts in Braunschweig, Germany have given the centuries old challenging game of Chess, a slight twist!
Welcome the modern, parametrically-designed facelift to the game of Chess!
So now you are thinking about what is this innovation? Keep scrolling to know!
Poster by Moritz Boos
So these absolutely brilliant students have used Rhino and Grasshopper (two algorithmic modeling softwares) & chose a single algorithmic definition that would be used to create a complete set of chess figures.
Now after the creation of a set of laser-cut cardboard mock-ups, a final set was selected, refined and 3D printed at Shapeways, an online 3D printing service.
Well, even the chess board is not the one that you are used to seeing!
The chess board is made from a laser-cut 8mm thick sheet of acrylic with milled cavities that are filled in with black and white plastic tiles.
These students went an extra mile to explain their project by creating crisp posters to communicate their creative design approach.
Poster by Tim Luders
Poster by Leon Ehmke
Do you want to checkmate someone in this absolutely phenomenal revamp of Chess!
- Found lamps in the form of a ballerina, a bird & violins! The artist has to be a dreamer!
- Transparent Botanical Prints are the new accessory for your home & a pure work of art!
- Don’t keep it mellow; Only keep it Yellow!
- Sydney dazzles at the Vivid Festival 2017!
- Experience the awesome spectacle of the underwater world as you paddle in your transparent Kayak’s! You might even find ‘Dory’!