Task list for the day- See pretty pictures of delightful drinks!
Why, you ask? Because why not!
Well, last night, I suddenly had an urge to make myself a cocktail. That’s why I thought that you just don’t go and make cocktails. With more than two centuries of history behind the cocktail, there is an art to making a good drink!
So I didn’t make myself a drink, but I did my second favorite thing. Going on Pinterest & just drooling at some of the beautiful shots of cocktails sparkling with crushed ice. One thing led to another, & I decided that I need a compilation of my favorite drink pictures on my website.
Whoever said that drinks aren’t a piece of art, is in for a surprise!
But let me give you a warning- you are gonna feel verrry thirsty after you are done with this blog post, so keep a drink handy before you scroll down!
So let’s start with a Lemongrass, Coconut, and Blackberry Cocktail!
Raspberry and Pomegranate Rosé Summer Cocktail- Just LOOK at the colors!
I couldn’t resist this yum booze, so at the end of this post find the easy-peasy recipe as well!
Blue Margarita- Drink all your blues away, literally!
Well, you guys, I am kind hearted person so here is another recipe of this gorgeous looking work of art!
In a large pitcher, combine 1 cup tequila, ⅓ cup triple sec, ⅓ cup blue curacao, and ⅔ cup lime juice. Stir until well combined. And then fill the glasses with crushed ice! This is the easiest and the most gorgeous summer drink!
Blue Coconut Cocktail- Doesn’t this color takes you to the sun kissed tropical waters?
Vodka, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and some blue curaçao come together to make this holiday drink!
P.s A Blue Curacao is a must have in your kitchen/liquor cabinet.
Purple People Eater Cocktail
This drink blew me! Oh, would you just look at that deep purple hue?
Blackberry Ombre Sparkler
Isn’t it lovely on the eyes? Can’t wait to get this on my taste buds!
Rose Petal Sangria
Heal your heart & sooth your soul with the goodness of roses.
Cranberry & Orange Holiday Punch
This is a classic tequila sunrise. And that is the thing about classics- they never go out of style!
Here comes my favorite one- Sangria Swirled Frozen Margaritas
SANGRIA & MARGARITA in one sentence?! WOW!
How could I not share the recipe for a drink that has wine & tequila both at the same time?
Recipe at the end of the post!
Love Potion Martini
This is THE booze that I want.
Fresh Pineapple & Passion Fruit Mojito!
Orange Turmeric Margaritas
Whoever was looking for an aberration from the classic cocktail, stop looking already!
Orange Turmeric Margaritas are a sweet and smoky take on your regular drink!
Bourbon Peach Slush
Look at the beautiful amber color & the smokey flavor this drink exudes!
Cotton Candy Shots!
They just had to go in this list. I know they ain’t no drink, but ooooh they are in the same league!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini
I didn’t care beyond ‘salted caramel’.
Look at that texture, so creamy & velvety!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini
Blackberry Bramble- What an eccentric name?!
Pomegranate Drop With Rosemary!
Pure sinful delight. And oh, the picture!
Blackberry Merlot Slushies
Sweet Coconut, Hibiscus & Lime Slushies!
When all is said & done, you drink- Lavender Lemonade!
Could anything define summer more than this beverage? Or could anything scream detox more than this drink?
I just thought that it would be unfair to end this post without sharing the recipes of my two most favorite drinks!
Sangria Swirled Frozen Margaritas Recipe
Ingredients for the sangria swirl:
- 1 cup red wine, frozen in ice cube tray
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (orange liquor)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- juice of half an orange
Ingredients for the regular frozen margarita:
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 shots tequila
- 1 shot triple sec
- 1 cup ice
1. First, dip two margarita glasses in water or lime juice, and rim the edges with salt or sugar (your choice).
2. Next, puree the frozen red wine cubes with the triple sec, lime juice, and orange juice. Pour into a small glass and have ready on the side.
3. Add the limeade concentrate (not defrosted), tequila, triple sec and ice to a blender. Puree until slushy.
4. Divide the margarita mixture between two glasses, and swirl in the sangria mixture.
Raspberry and Pomegranate Rosé Summer Cocktail Recipe
Ingredients for the mint infused honey simple syrup:
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, rinsed and leaves torn – plus more as garnish
Ingredients for the cocktail:
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup gin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- Juice of a fresh lime
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Casal Garcia Sparkling Rosé
Instructions to make the mint infused honey simple syrup:
1. Place honey and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Bring it to a boil; making sure that the honey dissolves completely.
2. Off the heat, stir in the mint leaves and let it cool completely.
3. When cooled, fish out the mint leaves from the simple syrup and set aside.
Instructions to make the cocktail:
1. Place ½ cup of the simple syrup, ice, gin, pomegranate juice, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Close the shaker and mix well to combine.
2. Divide the raspberries and pomegranate seeds in between 4 cocktail glasses. Strain the cocktail mixture over the fruit.
3. Top it off with Casal Garcia Sparkling Rose. Garnish with mint leaves and serve!
So guys do let me know if you want any particular drink recipe. Hope you had a good read.
And before I end this post, here is a quirky lip art to summarize the whole ‘let’s look at gorgeous drinks’ experience!
Lip art is a subset of art. Hopefully a post on this will be out SOON!
- Found lamps in the form of a ballerina, a bird & violins! The artist has to be a dreamer!
- Transparent Botanical Prints are the new accessory for your home & a pure work of art!
- Don’t keep it mellow; Only keep it Yellow!
- Sydney dazzles at the Vivid Festival 2017!
- Experience the awesome spectacle of the underwater world as you paddle in your transparent Kayak’s! You might even find ‘Dory’!